Keynotes, Workshops, & Presentations
"Your presentation yesterday was the best I’ve ever been to. I’ve already made changes and seen results! Can’t wait to hear you speak again, thank you!" - Robert C
Dr. Abby is a sought-after speaker and has been conducting keynote workshops for over 20 years. Her ability to synthesize and translate the latest research into actionable techniques and tools will ignite hope and passion in any audience.
Dr. Abby works with you to create a unique presentation that will motivate, educate, and inspire your group or organization.
Dr. Abby speaks on the following topics:
- Attention Training & Mindfulness
- Learn the Tools to be Connected, Fulfilled and Confident in all your Relationships.
- Raising Resilient and Optimistic Children and Teens
- The Teen Brain: What you Need to Know about Homework, Sleep and Motivation
- Substance Abuse (this is a very broad topic covering everything you need/want to know including binge drinking, designer drugs, effects of substance abuse, teen drug and alcohol use and biology of addiction)
- Growth versus Fixed Mindset: how this applies to raising children as well as work settings
- Motivation: how to motivate your kids, yourself and/or coworkers
- Understanding Willpower and How to Change Habits for Good
- Generation Y: Everything You Need to Know But were Afraid to Google
- How to Focus on Strengths, not Fear
- Motivating Difficult Employees
- The Leadership Constellation: The Three Keys to Effective Leadership
- Healthy and Effective Ways to Cope with Stress
“Abby is one of the most dynamic and inspirational speakers that I know. I would highly recommend her as a speaker to anyone.”
- Steve Loone, IBT EAP Coordinator
“Abby Medcalf presents yearly to our Association and she’s always dynamic, always current, always the best.”
- Mike Webb, Chevron EAP and President, San Francisco Chapter, Employee Assistance Professionals Association
Teamsters’ Assistance Program
"Abby Medcalf is the first person I think of when I am looking to refer a client with multiple concerns and difficulties in connecting with themselves and others. Abby’s emotional availability and her obvious love of people is only part of the reason she is one of the most sought-after speakers/presenters/consultants in the SF Bay Area and across the country."
- Terri Compaglia, Coordinator
Northern California Labor Assistance Program
“Abby is well known for her educational speaking repertoire. I've repeatedly called on her for both national and local conferences and workshops. Her presentations are, without fail, dynamic, interesting and fun. She is always rated ‘excellent’ by all participants in the evaluations.”
- Steven Levine, President
Parent Education Coordinator
“Abby has an inspiring way of presenting so our participants say they’ve not only learned a great deal, but are excited to put that learning into action. She’s able to synthesize information from multiple sources, and makes it easy to digest. I wish we could have her as our keynote every year.”
- Barbara Madsen
Workshop Participant, Austin, TX
“Dr. Medcalf, I loved your presentation on Drugs and Alcohol and the Teen Brain last evening! Besides being chock-full of useful info, it reminded me to remain in control as a parent by looking beyond my kids' questions.”
- Virginia B.
Workshop Participant, Sante Fe, NM
“I go to so many parent education workshops and I feel like I got more in two hours with you than in all of the rest of them combined. Thanks so much Dr. Medcalf – you’ve given me great information, practical tips and, most importantly, hope for the future.”
- David G.
Workshop Participant, NY, NY
“I just had to write to thank you for the great presentation the other night. It was the best money I’ve ever spent and I’m actually excited about my marriage again and ready to do what it takes to make all my relationships a success…I left your presentation already feeling more confident and happier.”
- Frederica J.